In its simplest form, beer is produced from water, yeast, hops and malted grain. Yet hundreds of distinct styles and sub-styles exist, and the exploding popularity of craft and specialty beers makes the beer world a very daunting one to navigate. The Education Department focuses on programming that breaks down each ingredient and identifies what specific role it plays in the formation of aroma, style, color, texture and flavor. Blind tastings, hop comparisons, brewery field trips, off-flavor analysis… it all sounds good to us.
The Department also promotes the professional serving and stewardship of beer from the brewery to your glass. We offer guidance to our accounts regarding draft cleanliness and maintenance, appropriate glassware, proper storage and serving techniques, and much more.
Two of the Hayden Beverage family were the first people in Idaho to earn the coveted Certified Cicerone® designation, recognizing extensive competency in the world of beer professionals. Several more have earned the Certified Beer Server designation from the Cicerone® Society, and two employees have passed the nationally recognized Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) exam early in 2013.
We love to drink beer, and are proud to offer our customers access to all that we have learned.
These sites offer more education tools:
- Beer Judge Certification Program: www.bjcp.org
- Cicerone Certification Program: www.cicerone.org
- American Homebrewers Association: www.homebrewersassociation.org
- Siebel Institute of Technology (America’s oldest homebrewing school): www.siebelinstitute.com
- Beer Advocate: www.beeradvocate.com
- Brewers Association: www.brewersassociation.org
- Beverage World Magazine: www.beverageworld.com
Questions? Interested in learning more? Contact us at email@example.com